Here are 8 ways to take care of your eyes
Hello Eye Appeal Babes!
Here are 8 ways to take care of your eyes:
1. Wear UV protection while outside-Sun exposure can damage eyes and raise risk for cataracts and age related macular degeneration. Protect your eyes by wearing sunglasses that block out 99% of UV-A and UV-B radiation
2. Limit screen time to reduce dry eyes, eye strain, and eye fatigue-If you spend a lot of time using the computer, you can forget to blink and your eyes can get tired. Try the 20-20-20 rule: Every 20 minutes, look away 20 feet in front of you, for 20 seconds.
3. Avoid smoking-Smoking increases the risk of developing age related eye diseases such as macular degeneration, cataracts, and can damage the optic nerve.
4. Eat a healthy, balanced diet- Your diet should consist of plenty of vegetables and fruit. Eating fish high in omega 3 fatty acids such as salmon, tuna, and halibut can also help your eyes.
5. Know your family medical history- Some eye diseases are inherited, so it’s important to find out whether anyone in your family has had them. This can help you determine if you are at a higher risk for developing an eye disease.
6. If you wear contacts, take steps to prevent eye infections-Wash your hands before you put them in or take them out. Follow the instructions on how to properly clean them, and replace them when needed.
7. Wear protective eyewear- To prevent eye injuries, you need eye protection when playing certain sports, working in jobs such as factory work and construction, and doing repairs or projects in your home.
8. Avoid waterproof makeup- it’s very difficult to remove waterproof eye makeup and can be irritating to your eyes. Waterproof or water resistant makeup will aggravate eyes that are dry because they are harder to remove. While our products are NOT waterproof or water resistant, our products can last all day until you remove it, which we highly recommend. Try our Lash Luxe mascara and Precision Ink Eyeliner to see the difference.
Dr. See Moore x The Eye Appeal ® Cosmetics